Strep Throat Solutions
I remember when my daughter was little, she got strep throat quite a bit. It was absolutely no fun for her or for me. She would almost hesitate to tell me that her throat hurt because she didn’t want them to “put the stick down [her] throat.” Gosh, I really wish I had known as much about natural remedies back then as I do now.
Strep throat can be caused by a viral infection, recurring tonsillitis, and the beginning of a cold or flu. It is interesting because people who have adrenal fatigue and people who consume a diet high in dairy are more likely to get strep throat.
Strep throat is different from a sore throat. Strep throat comes on very quickly and is accompanied by fever, aches, swollen & tender lymph nodes, pneumonia or ear infections (Ashley had a ton of ear infections), and hoarseness.
Now that you have an idea as to how strep throat starts and the signs and symptoms, here are some ways to soothe an irritated throat and get over all the symptoms quickly:DIET & LIFESTYLE
- Drink hot water with lemon juice, honey, and a pinch of cayenne pepper every morning.
- Apply hot compresses of either ginger or parsley to the throat.
- Take a steamy mineral or epsom salts bath.
- Take a catnip enema…this will cleanse infection from strep throat.
- Control infection with garlic capsules (8 daily).
- Reduce inflammation with EMERGEN-C very few hours.
- Take zinc lozenges as needed.
- Soothe the throat with chamomile tea.
- Get rid of congestion with salt-sage gargle – make 2 cups sage leaf tea, strain, and add 1 tsp sea salt.