Poison Oak / Poison Ivy Potion

Over 60% of Americans have a sensitivity or allergy to urushiol, which is the chemical in poison oak and poison ivy.  This toxic chemical is what causes the rashes and blisters that people get when they come in contact with it.

If you have an allergy or sensitivity to poison oak or poison ivy, it will usually show up within 72 hours after contact.  If you are having a reaction, you may notice that you itch, have a rash, or have blisters.  Some people even have a much more severe reaction including throat swelling, cramps, and diarrhea.

There are several pieces of good news…1) you can’t get it from someone that has it…you have to be in contact with the chemical, 2) once you lose sensitivity to the chemical, you’ll always be immune from the reactions, and 3) there are quite a few natural things that you can do to ease the discomfort, if you do have a reaction.

Natural Remedies:

  • drink aloe vera juice to alkalize your body
  • take a bath in oatmeal to relieve itching
  • wash affected areas with cold water and then apply witch hazel
  • take the enzyme Protease to reduce swelling and promote healing
  • do a vitamin C flush…it is a natural antihistamine
  • take Adrenal Complex to strengthen against sensitivity