NOW Brand Vitamin C
Vitamin C has so many wonderful benefits, including improved cardiovascular health, lipid profiles, blood pressure, and body mass index, as well as, keeping bowels moving and fighting of colds and helping manage allergies.
There are a LOT of different brands of Vitamin C on the market today…some are super expensive and some are super cheap; some are loaded with fillers and some are high quality; some are hard pills and some are capsules and even some others are crystals. So which one is the best choice for you?
Here are my recommendations (but please check with your physician before making any changes to your diet or supplemental program):
- If you are combating an acute allergy attack, you want high quality crystals
- If you think you are coming down with the flu or a cold, the capsules are just fine, as long as they are high quality
- If you need to give your bowels a little nudge, you want high quality crystals
- No matter what you are experiencing…unless it is an absolute emergency and there are no other choices…avoid the hard pills. And, in this circumstance a chewable is a much better choice than just a hard tablet.
My favorite brand of Vitamin C is NOW and we recommend it in our clinic all the time for several reasons:
- It is a high quality
- It is in a capsule
- It is easy to find in a regular store
- It is inexpensive
This is actually one of those vitamins that you should keep on hand all the time. It is good for so many different things that you just can’t go wrong. And, it is water soluble meaning that you can’t really overdose on it. If, by chance, you do take too much of it, you will have very loose bowels (diarrhea) but you’ll be just fine…in fact, you might be even better by getting rid of some excess toxins. 😉