Men’s Papaya Facial
So many times the men in our lives just miss out on some of the really good stuff…like facials. In our clinic, I use to give facials to men quite often…and they loved it! So, here is a super simple facial to relax and pamper your man with.
Here is what you’ll need:
- comfy chair (like a recliner), draped with a sheet and a dry towel laid across the headrest
- 5 hot, moist hand towels
- bowl of hot water
- cotton pads
- facial skin toner
- facial scrub
- papaya facial blend (see recipe)
- facial moisturizing cream
- relaxing music, candles, and other elements to enhance relaxation
- If you are using the Igloo, dampen all of the hand towels with hot water ( you may put the dampened towels in the microwave to heat them more thoroughly, if you’d like) and then store them in the Igloo to keep them warm. Or, if you are using the Crockpot, dampen all hand towels in warm water and place in Crockpot. Set Crockpot to low and let heat through for about 30 minutes.
- Set up the area you’ll be using…gather supplies in an orderly fashion near the treatment chair and set the mood with music, candles, etc.
- Warmly greet your man, making sure you tell him how much he deserves to be pampered. Have him sit in the special chair and relax.
- Soak several cotton pads in the facial toner. Use these toner soaked cotton pads to gently wipe away the day’s dirt and debris from the face and neck. Don’t forget to run down his jawline to and around his ears. This is very cooling and invigorating.
- Take one the warm towels out and open it so the steam can escape…be sure it isn’t too hot for his face and gently lay the towel around his face, making sure his nose and mouth are free and clear for breathing…the easiest way to do this is to grab the towel at each short end, place the middle of the towel on his face around his chin and bring the tails up and around his face allowing them to overlap and rest on his forehead. Allow the warm towel to soak into his skin for about a minute or two and then remove it gently.
- Now apply a little facial scrub to your fingers, adding a couple of drops of water from your bowl of warm water, and massage his face from the chin up and over his cheeks, nose, and around and up and over his forehead in a circulation motion. Follow this pattern two more times.
- Take another warm towel out and open it so the steam can escape making sure it isn’t too hot for his face and lay it on his face as previously explained. Allow to soak for a minute or two and then gently remove it, using it to help take the scrub off his face. You may also use a couple of more clean cotton pads dipped in the warm water in the bowl to aid in this process as well.
- Now apply the papaya facial blend (which you made earlier) to his face evenly…be sure to include the neck. It may be easier to apply the blend with an artist’s paint brush. Apply a warm towel to the top of the blend and allow to cool off a bit…do not remove but add a 2nd warm towel on top of it.
- While these towels soak and warm the face, massage each of your man’s hands, one at a time for about 3 minutes each. After you are finished with the hand massage, gently take the towels off, using them to help take the mask off his face. You may also use a couple of more clean cotton pads dipped in the warm water in the bowl to aid in this process as well.
- Use the final warm towel to wrap his face for the last time, allow it to soak for a moment and then remove it.
- Apply a thin layer of facial moisturizer to his face and massage it in.
- Allow your man to rest and relax afterwards for a few extra minutes.
- Remind him of how special he is and how deserving he is of such treatment.
- Have him look in the mirror after he gets up to see how great he looks!
- Clean up any messes.
- Launder the dirty towels.
- Put away all ingredients.