A hydrotherapy bath is one of the simplest spa treatments that you can give yourself at home. Here is how to pamper yourself with a hydrotherapy bath:
- Create the ambiance – place candles around your tub and light them, hang a live green plant nearby or put a vase of fresh cut flowers so you can see them while you soak, set up your CD player or iPod to play your favorite relaxing music or meditation, hang/drape silk scarves or other beautiful linens around the room, place your plush towel or robe in easy reach.
- Fill your tub with water – you’ll want nice hot water (no more than 104 degrees Fahrenheit). While waiting for the tub to fill, sit on the edge of the tub, in a vanity chair, or on the closed toilet seat and give yourself a nice foot massage.
- Just before your tub is full, add one of the following special ingredients right into the flow of the faucet so it will swirl and mix into the bath water:
- seaweed powder – to remineralize, relax, and detox your body
- clay powder – to stimulate the lymph system and draw out toxins
- essential oils – rosemary and peppermint to invigorate your body for increased energy
- Carefully step into your hot bath water, sink into the water…all the way up and over your shoulders, breathe deeply, either meditate or enjoy listening to your relaxing music while looking at your plant/flowers, candles, and beautiful linens.
- Soak for 20 minutes. Then slowly rise and get out of the tub, lightly patting yourself dry with your soft towel…leave a little of the bath essence on your skin to continue to seep into your pores. Wrap yourself in your comfy robe.
- Make yourself a cup of herbal tea and do nothing for the next 20 minutes.
Tell me what your favorite special additives are to your bath in the comment section below…