Episode 02 – Bladder-Kidney Detox
On my blog and in my Facebook posts this week, I’ve focused on back pain. One of the things that can cause back pain is poor kidney function. So, this week’s detox is all about cleansing and detoxifying the Bladder and Kidneys.
WHAT THE DETOX IS FOR?
Flushing toxins from the bladder and kidneys to improve urination and reduce infections.
HOW LONG DOES THE DETOX LAST?
This detox lasts for 3 days.
WHAT DO I EAT?
The 3 days prior to the cleanse – Drink half your body weight in ounces of water. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water per day. Also avoid alcohol, coffee, and large amounts of protein.
The next 3 days :
- When you wake up, drink a 6 ounce glass of distilled water that has 3 tsp of cranberry concentrate and 1/4 tsp of ascorbate vitamin C crystals added to it.
- For breakfast drink either a glass of watermelon juice with 1/4 tsp of ascorbate vitamin C crystals added to it or a glass of organic apple juice with 1 capsule of Probiotic.
- Mid morning drink either a glass of watermelon seed tea (grind watermelon seeds and steep in hot water for 30 minutes, add honey to taste) or drink an herbal bladder cleansing tea, such as uva ursi tea.
- For lunch drink either carrot juice or a chlorophyll-rich drink.
- For dinner drink either carrot juice with 1 tsp spirulina powder added or cranberry juice with 1/4 tsp ascorbate vitamin C crystals added.
- Before bed drink either a glass of papaya or apple juice and take 1 capsule of Probiotic.
The next 30 days – Be sure to include garlic, onions, papayas, bananas, watermelon, sprouts, leafy greens, and/or cucumbers in your diet each day. These foods promote healthy kidneys.
WHAT FOODS SHOULD I AVOID?
Avoid alcohol, coffee, and large amounts of protein. May also be beneficial to avoid dairy and watch sodium consumption.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE SUPPLEMENTS OR SPECIALTY FOODS, TEAS, ETC.?
This detox requires a couple of specialty items. I have inserted hyperlinks to the items above. Most of the items, if not all of them, can be found at a local health food store.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I REPEAT THE CLEANSE?
This detox should be repeated any time you notice having problems with urination (limited or burning or foul smelling), having frequent bladder infections, or experiencing back pain due to kidney problems.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS TO THE CLEANSE?
The pros to this cleanse include:
- There are at least 2 options at each “meal” for drinks. So you shouldn’t get bored with drinking the same thing and you should be able to select a drink of which you can tolerate the flavor.
- You are drinking off and on all day so when you get hungry it is probably time to drink again.
- While there are some “specialty” items in this cleanse, they aren’t so special that you can’t purchase them from a local health food store.
The cons to this cleanse include:
- This is a liquid diet…there is no food for 3 days.
- Some of the drinks aren’t yummy…for example, spirulina isn’t my favorite so it would be difficult for me to drink this down.
I would love to hear from you…let me know your pros and cons to this detox. Feel free to post any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. And, if you like my podcasts and blogs, please like Bartann Therapy on Facebook and share my podcasts and blogs with your family and friends. Thanks!
Wishing you Health and Happiness!
NOTE: We highly recommend consulting with your primary care physician before beginning any diet, exercise, or detox program.